
We went to Shakespeare on the Common to see The Comedy of Errors the other night, and it left me with one nagging thought: why don't I have a servant?
Antipholus really has a sweet deal. Any time he needs anything, he says "Dromio! Get me this!!" or "Dromio, do that!". I could really use one of those. So I looked into a couple options.
1) Maids. I'd like somebody to clean my apartment. Living with 5 guys and wood floors, it gets dusty and dirty. Plus, some things were dirty when I moved in and still haven't gotten the deep clean they deserve.
2) An outsourced personal assistant. They could do online comparison shopping for me. They could write this blog for me. Really, the opportunities are endless. Send birthday cards, presents, flowers.
3) A cook. Although part of my birthday gift from Brooke, Martha Stewart's Cooking School, has actually been very inspiring and has gotten me cooking quite a bit more, I still want someone to cook for me full-time. And pack me a lunch. That would be great.
4) I can't believe I waited 'till #4 to mention the bane of my existence: laundry. You can outsource that too.
5) (401) 285-0701. Call it.



















































3 comments:
sounds like a great idea to me.
An email I got -
"I loved your Comedy of Error's post. I was laughing out loud, mostly because it's true but also because its funny. I just have to state the obvious: it's not called a servant, it's called a wife."
I like that your email comment was left anonymous. My guess is that he's not married.
Sadly, it's quite true... Until your kids get old enough to boss around.
Post a Comment