Friday, August 14, 2009

Parking

I hate looking for parking spots. If I'm in a large parking lot, I will take the closest spot I can immediately see. I will not drive around to see if I can get a spot up front. That is a waste of time, a waste of gas, and a waste of mental processing time.

Thank you for listening to me vent.

2 comments:

B said...

Amen.

My parents taught me to park far away, on an end, and definitely away from shopping carts. Basically they want to protect the cars and could care less about how far we had to walk.

Although I agree with you Derek, I will admit I always feel a little disappointed when I practice your philosophy and then walk by a really, really good spot. Next time this happens, I will think of you and be happy with my choice. Unless it’s a Coldplay concert and we parked in the first spot they offered us resulting in an additional 2 HOUR after party in the parking lot with cars in a mosh pit. I think in that situation, I will go out of my way to park in a particular spot.

Kevin said...

When I went to Wicked recently, I spent almost an hour and a half online trying to pinpoint where the best parking (or any parking at all) would be. My ultimate solution? Go 90 minutes early and pay 7 dollars.

Of course, if you live in Denver, that becomes 120 minutes early and 20 dollars. In Chicago, it becomes camping overnight and 50 dollars. And finally, in Boston, it becomes "sell your car and take the bus."