Saturday, August 15, 2009

Leo

One of my favorite books is entitled "Living, Loving, and Learning" by Leo Buscaglia.

I first heard of Leo one day during a particularly boring day of class. My home page was set to Wikipedia's random page, so I learned something new every day. One day I landed here. It grabbed my attention.

Fast forward several months. A big group of us went to Moab. All the bikes my size were rented out. I borrowed a friend's beach cruiser and rode around town. I stopped off at the library book sale, and noticed the name Buscaglia on one of the tables. It clicked in my memory and I bought it.

I didn't finish it that day. I finished it the next day.

Why do I love it so much? Every time I read a part of it my entire mood is uplifted. I feel better. It relaxes me.

From a literary standpoint, it's mediocre. From an academic standpoint, it's mediocre. But from a REAL PERSON LIVING A REAL LIFE STANDPOINT, it's fabulous.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

he teaches at ucsc, ya? i think i've heard about this guy from some friends that went to school there