Monday, August 24, 2009

My OCD Shelves

My friend Becca published a bunch of pictures of her bookshelves, and it inspired me to do the same. You can also look here for more bookshelf inspiration.

FAQ's
  • Yes, I've read the vast majority of them
  • I buy them at thrift stores. A few were gifts and a few are from Amazon.com, but most are from DI, The Salvation Army, and Urban Renewals.
  • Yes, you can borrow them. Just promise to bring them back. I keep a checkout list on my whiteboard.
  • No, I don't have OCD. I just like to be organized. Someone once gave me a hard time about my bookshelves and would always rearrange them or put a book grossly out of place to see if I would notice. I did. As you can see, they're organized (roughly) by height, subject, and color. Sorry, no alphabetization.









5 comments:

becca said...

i'm glad my photos inspired you. also glad to see we have many books in common (as does a lot of america, i'm sure, but it's still cool).

i love the bookshelves tumblr site.

Emily said...

Thrift stores! Genius. There are a lot of books I want to buy, but I can't justify spending $20 a piece. I don't know why I didn't think of Thrift Stores in the first place- do you remember when you bought me "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus" at DI one Christmas? It's on my bookshelf. :)

Jeff said...

Dude, can I checkout your GMAT study guide? :-)

nrozier said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kevin said...

Somebody's having a lot of fun with the fading edge photo feature.