
Brilliance in action. Radio preset #2 in my car is 92.9, WBOS. The music they play is fairly average – a good blend of the 90’s and today. What makes them stand out is their approach to advertising.
They advertise in one-minute blocks. And they tell you that they advertise in one-minute blocks. Before they go to a commercial break they tell you that they’ll be back with music in one minute.
When that happens, I make a conscious decision not to push the button by my finger to change the station. Why? Because I know exactly what to expect. I’m willing to sit through the commercials because I know how long they will be and it’s acceptable to me.
Phenomenal advertising strategy.



















































2 comments:
On a somewhat unrelated note; I was looking at facebook and noticed some incredible pictures from the acoustic show at 'duck'. The depth of field was really nice- I'm curious who took the pictures and what kind of camera they used.
In regards to the post; both opportunity and effectively marketing that opportunity make a big difference. The passion that people can communicate about opportunities for future employment make me want to be a part of what they do- for the same reason we've been able to recruit people to work at Freshman Academy.
I listen to 88.9 and I don't think they have commercials... if they do - I never notice. I wish we could listen to Pandora at work but I haven't figured out a way to do it with my iPhone and not have it ring by accident with patients here!
Post a Comment