Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Legos and Time


As we get older, we invariably lose track of people. And although we wish we could stay in touch with all of them, we can’t.

Someone once explained to me that people are like Legos. We only have so many connection points. When we put someone new on, we have to take someone old off.

There was a time in my life when I regretted losing touch with so many people who played an important role in my past. But then I started looking forward instead of behind – if I’ve accumulated so many close friends in the past, think how many more I’ll accumulate in the future.

3 comments:

johnny said...

ironically, i like that thought.

Chris and Jennifer said...

I love legos...

Shelly said...

and really, if we stayed in touch with everyone that played a part in our lives, we'd spend our entire day on the phone, or blogging, or facebook or email and we wouldn't have time to work on current relationships (or make new ones) face to face.