Remember that post about Total Immersion swimming? The one with the embedded videos that no one bothered to watch? Well I tried it! Brooke and I went swimming in Walden Pond on Saturday afternoon. The pond is beautiful. Concord is beautiful. But when you're there, you feel like you're thousands of miles away from the city. There are pine trees everywhere around the lake. Although the parking lot is full, the beach area is surprisingly tiny. And it's full, but there's still space.
There are lifeguards and a small roped-off swimming area, but you're allowed to swim wherever you like. it made me think of swimming to the buoys at Gilson Beach.
Anyway, I tried the TI swimming technique and loved it! Although I didn't do a normal workout, I got to experiment for a few minutes. Definitely something I'd like to master.
We left Walden pond with just enough time to shower and change before heading off to the Beach Boys concert. It was one of the free summer concerts at the Hatch Shell along the Charles River esplanade. Our timing was good. We arrived about twenty minutes before they went on stage.
The place was packed. We found a tiny patch of grass squished between the Charles River and a bridge. We couldn't see the stage, but we could hear the music. They sounded great. I love the Beach Boys. I used to listen to their Greatest Hits CD over and over again.
To beat the rush of traffic to the T, Brooke and I left the show a little early. But we loved it. What an incredible weekend.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















































2 comments:
love the pictures.
Loved Walden Pond but didn't get the chance to swim there. It looked pretty full then too. We went during our Boston trip, May 2008.
Post a Comment