Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Aliso Viejo

This past weekend was rejuvinating. How could I have forgotten how beautiful Southern California is? I guess Aliso Viejo (right by Laguna Beach - in Orange County, for all you OC fans out there) is a lot more scenic than Compton and Watts. I used one of my flex trips from work to go visit Brig, one of my college roommates and best friends. His wife and kids were out of town for the weekend, so it was one long awesome guys night out.

We rode bicycles outside in shorts and t-shirts. We started building a giant bear out of flexible tubing, an egg-crate mattress, and faux fur. I purchased another domain name and got 80% of a site up and running (http://incompletelybrilliant.com). We fixed Brig's blog so it shows up now (http://www.whatwedidnttellyou.com). We went to the mall. Brig bought a blazer. I almost bought skinny jeans, but I don't think I'm cool enough to wear them yet so I didn't. He bought Made to Stick. I bought Food Rules. We watched The Hurt Locker on Clearplay. I didn't think it was all that good. We BBQ's carne asada and had homemade french fries and asparagus.We stayed up until 2:30 AM mocking up financials for different business ideas. We were so tired we couldn't even think straight. It was amazing. We went to a Euro Techno dance club and tore it up (aka - nobody else was dancing, but we were).

Did I mention that it's beautiful. This is the view from the church building.

And this is Brig. He does advertising for a start-up company. Check them out at http://smi.sh

1 comment:

B said...

Maybe if you move to Southern Cali, you will finally feel up to getting the skinny jeans. We should go try some on here to see. As I was driving to work today in the gloom and snow, I honestly thought about how I should just go to California and join the film scene. I am sick of winter!