Now to put it into practice. I got a hotel with a kitchen so I wouldn't eat out every night (although there's an incredible restaurant called Good Earth which has tasty and moderately-priced organic food).
On my way to the hotel on Monday I stopped by a grocery store and bought healthy food - whole wheat noodles, beans, salmon, whole wheat rolls, and a potato and yam combo. It was tasty, and I've got leftovers.

Next time you're at a bookstore, do yourself a favor and flip through the book. It contains simple, down-to earth food advice. It's not a diet. It's not counting calories. It's simply a collection of "Hey, here are some rules of thumb that will keep you healthy."
Some of my favorites:
If it has more than 5 ingredients on the label, don't eat it.
Pay the grocer today instead of the doctor tomorrow.
Put down your fork between bites.
Drink your food and chew your drink (i.e. chew well before swallowing)
The whiter the bread, the sooner you're dead.
If a third grader can't pronounce the ingredients, don't eat it.
If your grandmother wouldn't recognize it, don't eat it.
Don't buy your food where you buy your gas.
If a cereal changes color in milk, don't eat it.



















































No comments:
Post a Comment