I'd like to take a moment to thank the folks who make Smart Time, my favorite iPhone app, for sending an update to undo everything they screwed up in the update they sent out a few months ago.They had added advertisements to the main screen, which nearly ruined the functionality of the app for me. It took longer to load, wasted valuable screen real estate, and killed the aesthetic appeal of the app. I spent multiple hours looking for alternative time management apps, but couldn't find anything which allowed me to put so many tasks on one page.
Since that update several months ago, I stopped updating any of my iPhone apps for fear they would be ruined. For some random reason, I decided to see which apps had updates this morning, and Smart Time was one of them!
Since that update several months ago, I stopped updating any of my iPhone apps for fear they would be ruined. For some random reason, I decided to see which apps had updates this morning, and Smart Time was one of them!
They must have listened (or watched as everyone uninstalled their app) and realized that their old business model (free lite version > paid full version) was more effective than their new business model (advertising on the lite version).



















































No comments:
Post a Comment