Some things are inevitable. For example, I get sick every winter. Doesn’t matter if I get a flu shot or not. It’s usually a throat issue. Sometimes it’s so bad I have to go to the doctor and get on medication.
Another thing that's inevitable is that freak accidents happen to me. Like the time someone bit me and I had to spend the night in the hospital. Or when I broke my finger and had to have pins put in place. Can't I just have a normal accident?
I spent three miserable sick days last week. When I arrived at work on Wednesday, my co-workers said I looked horrible and that I should go home. So I turned around, drove home, and worked remotely. Thursday felt about the same as Wednesday, and I worked remotely then as well. I went in on Friday, but wasn’t feeling all that great.
My mom’s in Ireland so she’s not there to tell me what I can and can’t do when I’m sick. But I’m lucky enough to have a close friend who eagerly volunteered to take over that role. I got a thorough talking-to for going to Institute on Wednesday night when I was too sick to be in the office.
I’m at about 90% right now. But I need to get lots of rest and eat healthily so I can be all better for this weekend.



















































No comments:
Post a Comment