- People drive the speed limit. It's amazing. On the freeways, people don't go much more than 5 MPH over. It's not because there's a huge police presence - I rarely see the police - it's because the people live a little slower here.
- Everybody gets to work early and goes home early. One lady I work with comes in at 5 and leaves at 11. AM. Another guy comes in at 6 and leaves at 3. If you don't get here before 7, you won't get a spot in the close parking lot.
- The Mill District in Minneapolis. The whole area has been renovated.
- Gold Medal Park. It was once a Native American burial mound. There's now a lovely spiral path looping around to the top, where there are trees and benches.
- The river - it's beautiful.
- The Guthrie Theater - great architecture, fun atmosphere.
- Flour mills - all the major grain and flour companies have huge old mills here. One was turned into a mueseum.
- Art - Minneapolis is, surprisingly, a strong sponsor of art and of the arts.
- Parking - there's always a parking spot downtown. Once, I parked at a meter overnight and didn't leave by 8 the next morning. As I was walking with a co-worker out to the rental car at 8:10, I saw a guy in a city van pull over. He opened the meter, took out some quarters, and put them back in for me. WOW!!! This place is amazing.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Things I Love About Minnesota
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















































1 comment:
Sweet! I especially liked the comment about the close parking lot. I thought I was all on top of things for getting to work at 7:25 AM today.
Post a Comment