Obviously, the whole hands-free movement makes a lot of sense. It's much safer while driving, it saves your arm muscles, it allows you to multi-task, etc. And it's not that I've been oblivious to these facts all these years, because I haven't. In fact, I used to have one of those old-school wired headsets the plugged into my cell phone, but it died while I was driving out to Boston. So why has it taken me so long to get a Bluetooth?
I tried. I ordered one of those Aliph Jawbone 2 headsets, but when it arrived, it was broken. I returned it, and then launched into a long battle with the website to get my money back. It wasn't until I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau that they cut me a check for a full refund, including shipping.
Things like that really kill your momentum. I researched, I got excited about something, made the purchase, and then I ran straight into a brick wall.
But, I knew I needed one. So I read the CNET review of tons of headsets and picked one that wasn't too expensive but functioned pretty well - the Motorola H17. I've been happy so far.
A few words about Bluetooth etiquitte - nobody likes the guy who walks around with their Bluetooth in their ear all day (although that is slightly less annoying than the people who have those earbuds with a microphone built in). Take it off when you're not using it.
I had a boss who always wore his Aliph Jawbone 1, and we called him "Bluetooth" behind his back. We also had a pool going for whoever could knock the Bluetooth off his ear. Don't be that guy.



















































1 comment:
Love my bluetooth! I actually had it a few months before a phone that could use it.
I won't tell you that I walked around with it on today for a bit. Where do you put it?
Post a Comment