I woke up feeling a little sick.
I ate an apple and felt better.
I went to eat at Eggs over the City and really enjoyed it.
When the girl swiped my credit card and looked at my picture, she said it looked nothing like me.
That made me reminisce on that summer of spending all day every day outside, in Alaska but especially in Southern Utah.
But was it just the hair that changed? What about the goofy smile or the carefree expression? Am I a little too serious now? What happened to that carefree guy? Do I play enough?
I found out about Liftpedia.com.
I drove to pick up my skis from Brig's grandma's house.
I stalled Ryan's car twice. I hate driving manuals.
Brig gave me the wrong address.
It started to snow and the roads started getting slick.
I drove up the canyon and there were spots open at the Park and Ride.
The bus came in about 15 minutes.
I didn't have exact change and had to pay $5 instead of $3.50
While I was fumbling with my money, the bus driver started driving and my skis fell over, making me look like a complete idiot.
The bus didn't stop at the main Center at Snowbird, but went to Cliff Lodge instead.
Someone gave me bad directions to get to the ticket counter.
I got there anyway.
The half-day ticket was only $42, less than I expected.
I met up with Mark Roger Bean, who is quite talented on a snowboard.
The snow was phenomenal. Light and fluffy and coming down strong.
On our third run, I had a small crash that somehow broke my binding. Part of the plastic snapped off.
A mountain host came by within 5 minutes.
A ski patrol guy named Steve brought down an extra ski.
Steve made fun of my 2006 Dynastar Troublemaker skis.
Steve also said that he had my same pair of boots, but that was 10 years ago.
On the way down he had to fix something and told me to meet him back at the center.
I went the wrong way and had to go up another lift to get back there.
Mark and Richard and I took the bus back down.
It was full so we had to stand the whole time.
The snow wasn't too bad and the roads were relatively clear, so I didn't have trouble getting Ryan's car back down.
I called a bunch of people to see if anyone had extra bindings but nobody did.
I went to a ski shop but they didn't sell bindings, they mostly did rentals.
I went back to Ryan's house (no stalling!) and started looking on Craigslist for a cheap pair of skis or bindings.
While online, I was logged into Gmail chat. An estranged friend who I was once very close with chatted me.
We met up and had hot chocolate at Sugar House Coffee.
It was easily one of the highlights of my week.
I went to Barnes and Noble and found a gift I was looking for as well as a gift I wasn't looking for
I talked to Brooke on the phone.
I drove to another ski rental place to get skis for tomorrow.
I decided to rent the more expensive ones.
The guy rang me up for the normal price ($15) anyway.
The skis are brand spanking new Nordica's. No one has ever skiied on them before.
They will be the nicest skis I've ever used.
I feel sleepy and extremely content.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















































1 comment:
i was at barnes & noble in sugar house this evening. too bad i didn't run into you.
Post a Comment