Friday, February 26, 2010

Virtues

For some reason I've always been fascinated by lyrics which discuss ideals and virtues.
These are the ones that stick in my head every time I hear them.
I've seen a rich man beg
I've seen a good man sin
I've seen a tough man cry
I've seen a loser win
And a sad man grin
I heard an honest man lie
I've seen the good side of bad
And the down side of up
And everything between
 Everlast - What It's Like

Pay my respects to grace and virtue
Send my condolences to good
Give my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could
And so long to devotion
You taught me everything I know
Wave goodbye
Wish me well..
You've gotta let me go
The Killers - Human

1 comment:

becca said...

top five (six/seven/eight):
1. the history of love
2. the road
3. the secret scripture
4. the fountainhead
5. extremely loud and incredibly close
6. unaccustomed earth/the sea/precious bane