Friday, June 5, 2009

I See Dead People



They say that New England in the Fall is one of the most beautiful sights in the world. When I arrived in Boston, I was excited to see the beautiful leaves.

As horrible as the roads are in Boston, they did do one thing right – keep the houses away from the highway. My drive to work from Allston to Natick ends with several miles of heavily-forested road that are absolutely breathtaking.

I did embark on one leaf-peeping adventure last fall (see my previous post), but there are two that I didn’t do:

1) Drive the Kangamangus Highway
2) Go to Mt. Auburn Cemetery

Brooke came out to visit a few weeks ago and we took a Spring trip to the Mt. Auburn Cemetery. It’s quite close to my house and the drive takes less than 10 minutes. The composition of the cemetery is gorgeous. It is the combination of the old gravestones, the thick trees, the family plots, the ponds, and the center tower that give Mt. Auburn its ambiance.

I still want to go in the Fall – but I’m glad I took the time to see it in the Spring.

1 comment:

K-Krew said...

Love the photos. Would love to see those leaves in the fall - maybe we'll head up your way come autumn.