Monday, January 17, 2011

Kayak Mashups

I love Kayak.com. It doesn't have the Farecast technology that Bing Travel has, but it's awesome.

Brooke and I are planning a trip for late February, and as we were weighing different options, we said "wouldn't it be great to have a site where you could just put in a time frame and budget and it would show you where you could go?". I started looking at the API's of the different travel sites, thinking I might code something like that myself, and came across two incredible mashups which use Kayak.com's API (and are now incorporated into Kayak.com).

Top 25

http://www.kayak.com/buzz

Enter your departing airport and timeframe and it will show you the lowest prices to 25 major world cities.

Explore

http://www.kayak.com/explore/

Interactive map showing airfare prices to anywhere in the world from your departing airport.

Wow! These tools are incredible. And the fact that I came across them right after re-reading The 4-Hour Workweek and then reading Eat Pray Love makes me want to take 6 months off of work and see the world.

Please use them, be inspired by them, and tell everyone you can about them.

-----------------------------

UPDATE

Also check out these two innovative travel sites:
http://www.travelmatch.co.uk/
http://us.lastminute.com/

No comments: