Tuesday, May 4, 2010

iPhone Stands

Simple, elegant design is in style right now. Minimalist. Less is more. I came across this MoviePeg stand on Google Reader the other day and I'm coveting it.

However, I just don't feel like forking over $10 for a stand I don't think I'll ever use. Instead, I followed a link to the iBend. It's a flimsy piece of plastic that also holds up your iPhone.
I saw it and thought to myself "I could make that". I cut the plastic cover off an old notebook and started shaping my own iBend. My results were decent, but nothing spectacularly stable. Then I had the bright idea to poke around the website some more. I found a bigger image that was the perfect size to trace (bigger than the one below, so don't trace that). I traced it, cut it, and had my very own iBend.

We'll see if I use it. Perhaps when I watch TED Talks during my flights to Minneapolis.


No comments: