Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sunshine and Bicycles

I love the sunshine. Growing up, we had a huge eastward-facing-window in our living room. The sunlight would stream in and warm everything. We had a very comfortable armchair and the sun would always hit the top and arms of it. I would drape myself over it and lie there like a dog.

As I write this, sunlight is streaming through the windows of my house in Boston. It makes me so happy. Whenever I'm in a bad mood, sunlight will fix it. The contrary is also true, however, and when it's gloomy it can put me in a bad mood. I think I need to move back to California...

Last weekend I went to Utah to visit a very close friend and the weather was absolutely perfect. It was sunny and warm, but there was still lots of snow in the mountains. Timpanogas looked majestic, as always. It was pretty much the perfect weekend. We even got to ride bicycles.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

you linked me on your blog! i had no idea you even had one. i'm touched.

have you seen this?
http://lindsayapproved.blogspot.com/2008/06/look-on-bright-side-of-life.html
you know i'm talking about you, right?

johnny said...

amen.