Here are some examples of some older soft goals I've accomplished:
Drive buses in Alaska - Done
Be a summer camp counselor - DoneGo on something like Outward Bound - Done
Be an EFY counselor - Done
Learn to play the guitar - Done
Climb Mt. Timpanogas - DoneLearn to rock climb and own the equipment - Done
Teach at the MTC - DoneBe a ski bum for at least one season - Done
Intern with a Big 4 Accounting Firm - Done
Get a masters degree - Done
Go to Mexico - Done
Learn web development - Done
Start a blog - Done
Here are some recent ones:
Live in Boston - Done
Go to New York - Done
Be in Times Square for New Years - Done
Solve the Rubik's Cube - Done
Ski Vail - Done
Stay in a condo at a resort - Done
Go to Maine - Will do this weekend
Climb Mt. Rainier - Will do this summer
I chose not to include the soft goals I haven't accomplished yet, but the list is much longer than what your see here. What are some of your soft goals?



















































4 comments:
what a great blog - i love soft goals. most of the ones that come to mind are things i haven't done yet:
- learn to beat box
- record vocal cover of "not in nottingham"
- sail around the world
- visit all 50 u.s. states (34 and counting)
ones i've done:
- hitchhike
- work out with richard simmons
- get paid to act
- go to vienna
- (my personal favorite) log 100 miles on a road bike without falling
Hi cuz! You have a blog! Well, I didn't think about my goals before commenting. I know for sure that your soft goals are more adventurous than mine, though. Mine would probably focus around traveling, performing (singing and acting), being crafty, and maybe some sports and reading/writing goals. I think you've inspired me to write a few down. I'm excited to keep up with your life through this blog!
I have 4 dogs, two of them together barely weigh 10 pounds and the other two don't reach 40 pounds. I've really wanted to get them to 'earn their keep' and do small performances at nursing homes. Silly tricks, a few home made costumes and a couple bad jokes can brighten the day for people living away from family.
I already taught my self guitar, now I'd like to teach myself piano.
I'd like to have my own home and it has to be either a straw bale style or a really old house with history. Not a subdivision home.
I was looking for info on whether a Vibe could make it up Vail Pass when I found your blog. I am from Grand Junction and Vail Pass is the acid test.
By the way, I figured out you are Mormon and the goals that you have set and accomplised say a lot of good things about yourself and your church. Keep up the good work.
i love this post. i love the feeling of accomplishing something you have wanted to do for a long time. here are my 'dones':
1) go to thailand
2) get a masters degree
3) make a quilt
4) run a 1/2 marathon (3x)
5) take a rowing class on thc charles
6) become an occupational therapist
and my to dos:
1) learn ASL, french, photography, to play the guitar
2) go to ireland
3) drive across the west coast (oregon to cali)
4) triathalon
prob a lot more... but good enough for now.
Post a Comment