I just got here on Thursday evening. So far so good! I'm living just south of Harvard Business School in a house with 4 other LDS guys. (The house isn't very nice...) They call it the Donut house because it's right next to a Dunkin Donuts.
I got everything organized on Friday. The most satisfying part was getting my room all decorated. Now it actually feels comfortable and homey.
I'm still searching for a bed... hopefully I'll get one this week! I've been sleeping on my Thermarest.
Work starts on Monday. I have my car here, but I'm hoping to take the T (metro) as much as possible. A pass is only $15 per week. Hopefully work will pay for it, but even if they don't, it's a lot cheaper than gas and parking. Plus, I'm a bit of an environmentalist, and it feels nice to take public transportation. Everybody does it here.
I had a whirlwind introduction to Boston yesterday. In the morning we drove down to the beach for a clam bake. The east coast is a lot less salty than the west coast.
After the beach we went and watched the BYU game at some kid's house in Cambridge. The place was INCREDIBLE. He worked with some venture capital company and one of his roommates was with Bain Capital, and they were paying over $1000 each per month. Someday :)
At night we took the T somewhere far away and went to a back to school party thrown by some church people. It was lots of fun.
The people at church today were OLD. I'm used to feeling like I'm on the older end of things, being 25 at BYU, but our ward is 25+, so some of the people are in their late 30's. It's quite a change.
That's all for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















































1 comment:
Lol! I finally read your entry. Maybe you'll be quicker than me in figuring out that people can leave comments on this thing. Anywho, if you get this message a year down the road it's okay. First entry, yeah!!! Oh, and the older ward will be good for you. I don't know exactly how, but I have a feeling it will :-) Take care!
Post a Comment